Alaska Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
This 3 part interpreter training of Evaluation Summary and Eligibility Review (ESER) and Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) will offer interpreters the opportunity to improve understanding of the purpose, goals and objectives of these types of meetings.
These workshops will provide:
- Standard vocabulary and an understanding of the document sections reviewed during meetings.
- Frozen text in English and American Sign Language that are used when explaining evaluation results, services provided and data collection.
- Scenario demands that are common to these type of meetings to improve interpreting services.
1. Identify 3 sections that must be given verbatim and sections that may be interpreted.
2. List 3 acronyms that are commonly used during ESER and IEP meetings and their meaning.
3. List one demand that may occur during ESER and IEP meetings and state best practice used.
4. Identify 1 control from the panel discussion that you will implement into your work
Registration begins August 9, 2021
Late Registration begins August 30, 2021
Registration Deadline September 3, 2021
Zoom ID invitation will be emailed to participants 24 hours before training start date.
Alaska Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf strives to improve the interpreting community by offering numerous training opportunities and in-depth community involvement to better support Alaskan interpreters.
Learn more on our About Us page!
Become a member
Join AKRID! Our membership cycle is from July 01 to June 30, annually. See our Membership page for details on how you can best support the Alaskan chapter of RID!
Learn more on our Membership page!